So finally i have finished (well, for the moment because i know myself: i will have another idea in two months and i will change again UI….) my main user interface for the Cthulhu game.

ui

  • On the left the main character portrait with 2 gauges: one for life and one for mental health.
  • Then the number of Gold
  • On the center of the screen, the two objects held by the character.If you click on them, inventory is open and you can change them.
  • On the right, followers’ portraits. If you click on one of this portrait, the character clicked become the new main character.
  • On the bottom of the screen classical control button: on the left a pad and on the right two action buttons to use the two objects held by the character.
  • On the bottom / center, a slide button to show the map.

I just finished to implement a better version of path finding for my cthulhu game.

The basis is still based on A* but i add some additional steps to make the path used by hostile smoother and clever: I describe my enhancements in drawings below:

  1. The first drawing explain the real situation: you have one hostile located at point A. This hostile is modelized as a rectange (the collision area); The hostile need to reach point B behind a wall.
  2. The second drawing explains a path finding result using A*. A* is based on tiled so you will have a tiled vision of the path to used to reach point B. But remember, our hostile is a rectangle on a map with x,y coordinates and not integer tile indices.
  3. My first enhancement take A* tile path result and remove unecessary tiles (see third drawing) to keep only turn points.
  4. Then i do some additional process to compute real points (x,y coordinates) which takes care of hostile collision area and mnimizes the path regarding turn points.

The result in action: