Category: pixel art
- always add a padding between tiles to avoid texture glitch. Texture smoothing could take adjacent pixel in consideration. A gap between tiles will avoid this problem.
- consider using only one atlas image to render all the scene: switching between images on graphics processor take a lot of time.
- using atlas help you manage only power of two size images even if content has not power of two size (open gl 1.x).
- merge all animations for a sprite in one atlas image.
- if you are using libgdx, the library propose a class which create automatically atlas image when called.