I achieved a big step in my game yesterday! I am now able to change the current map in the game. Before doing the real code, i have modified the MapContext object with all the initialization process inside one method. The RuntimeContext object can call this method during map switch. It is now possible also to reload a MapContext, updating only what is necessary when the map is used as the current one. The RuntimeContext object is able to load multiple MapContexts and switch between them when the player move to another room.
The current result is pretty rough but it is working !
I am currently working on range attack system, but first i need some artworks for shotgun.
Before, when working on graphics and animation, i just draw some sketchs on a sheet of paper, then from these picture, i vectorize it in Inscape. I export this svg as PNG and produce images and animation from this image in PyxelEdit. But i always face difficulties when rendering objects in different position for animation, even if my pixel sheets is 32×32 or 64×64.
I will try for the shotgun another approach: i will still do sketchs on the paper but skip Inkscape to produce a 3d model in blender. I have followed some nice tutorials on youtube from BornCG. With this model i will be able to see my object from different angle and i think this will help me to produce animation.
Well, i have worked a lot on the game but it is difficult to publish something relevant: I have worked on the game engine, on sprites management, do some libraries upgrade. I am also working a lot on Blender to facilitate portrait, sprites and animation design. Some few new animations for aviator
My first character for my Cthulhu game was supposed to be The Adventurer. But i didn’t like the graphics. I don’t know if this is the color palette i used or the drawing, but something was wrong when i put it into the game. So i decided to review my copy with my pixel editor (PyxelEdit) and The Adventurer became The Aviator. Et voila. Looks promising.
Just finished to implement a new hostile arc vision detection for my monsters. The new algorithm is more realistic because it takes care of where the monster is looking and if there is no solid objects between him and the hostile. It is now possible to hide behind a wall and attack the monster on his back without being detected.
I used LibGDX intersect utilities and some angle computations.